Uropa2 - The Ulterior Colony
Uropa2 - The Ulterior Colony is an Isometric 3D/Light sourced 3D vector
combination adventure/shoot-em up. It is based on the moon of Europa which
orbits the planet Jupiter.
(these updates are for valid CD-ROM owners of the original Uropa2 game published by Vulcan Software)
General Uropa2 CD-ROM notes
Best performance of the intro will be observed by installing the game to your HD and running the intro from there, rather than run the intro from
the CD-ROM. The reason for this is general poor seek performance of CD-ROM drives and thus access to the speech files will cause jerky motion of the
- Speech can be toggled during game play with the F10 key.
Fixed problem with arrow rendering in uwindows.library. This caused crashes when using Picasso96 software.
3.3 (24 Nov 1999)
Fixed problem with selecting cheat mode and then accessing Map Find function.Icons installed to HD have incorrect file information, not allowing HD
upgrades. New icons have been included.
3.2 (24 Mar 1998)
You play the part of a Tekite warrior, who must complete a set of
covert operations. Some of these operations include;
There are underground bases on the moon. Each one of these is
represented by Isometric 3D. Travel between the bases is done via the
moons surface and is represented by Light-sourced vector 3D.
- "Blackout" - Destroy the main communications room of the
main network base.
- "Nomad" - Find a stranded hovar vehicle and safely guide
it back to a repair centre.
- "Hostages" - Locate the base where hostages are being held and
return them safely to the StarShifter.
- "Tower Assault" - Destroy all the enemy communication towers at
a secret location.
- And many more...
While in the base section, you can access computer terminals, buy equipment
and ammunition, manipulate objects for repair etc... You can purchase up
to eight different weapons; Laser sword, phaser gun, blaster, flame thrower,
distrupter etc... You can download information and sell it, thereby giving
a cash flow. Various objects are scattered around the bases to help you
complete your operatives.
- To rescue as many of the colonists as possible from each base. They
should be returned to this Star Cruiser via the main transporter room
in each base. This is necessary so that they may be returned to their
normal functions on Uropa2 once the battle for its control has been
- To destroy all Kapone Commanders within each base. If you fail to do
this, it will make phase 3 of the battle more difficult and result in the
loss of more Tekite and human lives.
The surface section is mainly for travel, but is thwart with danger. Travel
requires skill in manouvering your hovar vehicle. You can use your twin lasers,
missiles etc. to get you to your destination. There are some operations that
require surface details only, and some that are both base and surface. There are
many 3D objects scattered about the surface including; Base stations, transport
orbs, mining stations (rigs etc), laser guard turrets, communication areas,
etc... Kapones have their own hovars with which to attack, some are quite
- 10 Gigantic, Strategy Based Missions
- 3D Isometric Action Adventure
- 3D Vector Light-Sourced Locations
- Myriad's of Tactical Problems to Solve
- Full Digital Speech Throughout (Introducing Lisa as the Intercorp Computer)
- Progressive Weapons and Status Capabilities
- Linear Plot Progression
- Full Blown 3D Rendered Intro Animation
- Highly Configurable to Allow for Individual Preferences
- Extra Hovar Wars Game With Serial Link for up to 2 Players
- Simple mode promotion support under AGA.
- Supports joystick, keyboard and mouse.
- Language support:- English, German, Italian, French, Norwegian, Finnish, Danish, Swedish, Portuguese and Czech.
- Preferences editor for saving system setup.
Any Amiga, Hard Drive, 68000 CPU, 2Mb Memory(1Mb Chip, 1Mb Any), 4x Speed CD Rom
Utilizes if available:
AGA chipset, Extra Chip, Extra Fast, Faster CPU, Faster CD Rom
Copyright (C) 2003-2016 Austex Software